High Country Camp
High Country Camp 2013 Hunting Dates And Prices
The High-Country Tent Camp is a horseback pack-in style hunt with a tent and/or cabin stay. The tent and cabin are warm, dry and rustic in the scenic and majestic Rocky Mountains. You may rotate around from the tent to the cabin as to stay closer to the game you are hunting. Hunting elevations are from 7500 to 9500 feet. It is in unbelievable elk country with a 350+ class bull harvested here in the archery season of 2009. This is an awesome elk hunt for those looking for a horseback style hunt or for the hardcore hunter. You will pack in to camp the day before your hunt starts and pack out the day after it is over. It is guided with 2 hunters to 1 guide.
High Country Tent Camp: (Guided 2 hunters to 1 guide) Pack-In Hunt/Tent Stay.
- Archery: Any 5 days from Aug. 31 until Sept. 29, 2013 Elk Only $3500 First two weeks. $4000 Last two weeks
- Muzzleloader: Any 5 days from September 14-22, 2013: Elk Only: $4500
- 1st Rifle Season: (Elk Only, By Draw only) Oct.12-16 2013: $4000
- 2nd Rifle Season: Oct. 19-23 2013: $4000
- We can Customize any hunt you desire.
- Fall Bear Hunts available during any Rifle Season (Colorado Division of Wildlife Law: You must hunt elk or deer in conjunction with your bear hunt. Bear tags are available Over-The-Counter during Rifle Seasons.)
- Mountain Lion/ Wild Turkey hunts also available.
- Prices DO NOT include tags (in 2012 they were $589 for out-of-state elk and $359 for out-of-state Mule deer), meat processing and shipping, and/or taxidermy work.
Mountain Lion Hunts: We team up with Jimmy McNamara of Gunsmoke Outfitters for our lion hunts. The season on Mountain Lions runs from the end of November through the end of March. These hunts run $5000 for 5 days. Contact us or Jimmy at 970-209-0399 for more information.
**** A 50% deposit is required to secure your hunt.